Business Startup Support Center (BSSC), Hoa Sen University in Ho Chi Minh City and the International Vietnamese Academic Network (iVANet.org) are organizing an international conference in order to provide a venue for many academics, researchers, investors, practitioners and social activists from Vietnam and abroad. The purpose of the gathering is to have discussions and exchange ideas and experience on how to build a successful start-up and how an eco-system can support and promote innovation and entrepreneurship activities in Vietnam, and particularly in Ho-Chi-Minh City.
The conference will take place from the 7th to the 8th of July, 2017 at Hoa Sen University at the 08 Nguyen Van Trang Street, District 01, Ho Chi Minh City location.
During the conference there will be an opportunity for participants to review incubation projects related to innovation that have been produced to date. Participants will also be able to share and evaluate various research topic being applied in studying this theme, such as reviewing venture capital, start-up actives, and road map to success. The conference will have closing remarks with panel discussion on Succession Planning for your Start-up: Which Approach Should You Take?
Furthermore, the conference will serve as a place for building international networks and exchanges between faculties, researchers, investors, practitioners, and social activists from Vietnam and abroad.
We would like to invite you to participate in this conference and are looking forward to meeting you in July.
- Date: 7-8/7/2017
- Location: Hoa Sen University, 8 Nguyễn Văn Tráng St, Dist1, HCMC
- Agenda & Speakers: http://iep.hoasen.edu.vn/program.html
1. Development of a university entrepreneurial eco-system, by Mr. Troy D’Ambrosio, University of Utah
2. Startup ecosystem and Vietnamese startups in Singapore, by Mr. David Nguyen Quang Vu, VietCham Singapore
3. What are the key elements to ensure sustainable growth in Vietnamese startups? by Chris Freund, Mekong Capital Investments
4. Startup ecosystem in Vietnam – From the point of view of an investor, by Mr. Pham Uyen Nguyen, Doanh Chu JSC
5. How to launch 2 successful coffee startups, by Nguyen Hai Ninh, Coffee House
6. Bringing Silicon Valley to Mekong Delta – A story, by Mr.Nguyen Thanh My, My Lan Group
7. Why VR is part of the path to the next generation of computing, by Khoi Le, Stanford University
8. Enabling business creation at universities, by Mr. Marko Seppa, Innovation Partnership Program
9. Where are the opportunities to materialize startup ideas?, by Ms. Truong Ly Hoang Phi, Business Startup Support Center
10. Government’s role in the startup ecosystem, by Mr. Nguyen Viet Dung, HCMC Department of Science and Technology
11. Panel Discussion: Building an ecosystem for startup – Which approach should you take?
– Mr. Khoi Nguyen
– Mr. Marko Seppa
– Ms. Truong Ly Hoang Phi
– Mr. Nguyen Viet Dung
– Mr. Taylor Randall