Vietnam Startup Wheel is well known as one of the biggest startup competitions in Vietnam. In 2019, the competition has opened International Track for international startups and already received applications from 11 countries. How can a Vietnamese startup competition attract the attention of international startup communities? We’ll share with you the journey of the Vietnam Startup Wheel competition.
Vietnam Startup Wheel – 6 years for Leading the Trend
- 2013: Vietnam Startup Wheel was launched.
- 2014: Vietnam Startup Wheel has opened for youth and students in HCMC, Vietnam.
- 2015: Vietnam Startup Wheel has opened for startups/SMEs nationwide.
- 2016: Vietnam Startup Wheel has become the largest and most intensive startup competition in Vietnam, which is also a bridge between all the factors in Vietnam startup ecosystem: investors, VCs, entrepreneurs, industry experts, supportive organizations, governments, and startup communities.
- 2017: The first year we have welcomed international startups to Vietnam Startup Day – the largest startup exhibit in Vietnam, which also covers the final round of Vietnam Startup Wheel.
- 2018: Vietnam Startup Wheel has opened for abroad students, researchers and scientists.
Until now, Vietnam Startup Wheel has attracted 3,979+ startups; 90,000+ visits; 80+ media partners, 200+ national and international VCs, incubators, accelerators, and 20+ million dollars in disclosed investment matching.
How Vietnam Startup Wheel 2019 can resonate with the startup communities?
By 2017, we started opening for international startups in order to showcase their products/services and have a pitch in front of thousands of attendees at the Vietnam Startup Day. In 2018, beyond our expectation, the 2-days event had attracted 23 international startups and all of them have already had prototypes or launched products/services in the market. Knowing the high potential of international startups after two exhibitions, Vietnam Startup Wheel 2019 competition has officially launched Startup Wheel International Track – a dedicated track for international startups who want to explore Vietnam market insights or expand to Vietnam market. And this is how Vietnam Startup Wheel 2019 has made a hit:
- In order to attract international startups, researchers and scientists, Vietnam Startup Wheel 2019 has held two press conferences in Thailand and Korea, and called for applications throughout BSSC’s partnership networks including Accelerators, Incubators, Universities, VC firms, Local Enterprise Support Associations from various countries: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and South Korea. The competition aims to international startups who are interested in Vietnam market or even in ASEAN market. Accordingly, Vietnam Startup Wheel 2019 has opened two tracks:
- National Track: we have received 1,800 applications so far.
- International Track: we have attracted startups from 11 countries: Germany, United Kingdom, South Korea, Singapore, Thailand, United States, Canada, Australia, Nepal, Malaysia and Cambodia.
2. In addition, with the mission of supporting national and international startups, BSSC has partnered with organizations from other countries:
- NIPA – Korean Governmental Startup Support Association
- KICC – Kenyatta International Convention Center
- Smilegate Investment – founded in 1999, is a venture capital and private equity firm.
- KasikornBank PLC Thailand (KBank) – one of the biggest banks in Thailand, ranks Number one in Thai stock market with more than 1,000 branches in Thailand and outside the country.
Beside that, BSSC signed MOU with Supportive Startup Organization including: UCCEI Korea (Ulsan Center for Creative Economy & Innovation), GEF (Global Entrepreneurs Foundation), Kova (Introduction to Korea Venture Business Association), KBIA (Kangwon Business Incubation Center), CNU (Chungnam National University), Inopolis Campus – Pai Chai University… Regarding MOU, Vietnamese startup will have support such as: legal consultancy, co-working space, networks in international startup community when expanding to partner’s international market.
Vietnam Startup Day 2019 is one of our remarkable milestones in the journey of seeking the most potential startups in Vietnam and around the world.
VIETNAM STARTUP DAY 2019 – THE 2-DAYS EVENT FOR STARTUP COMMUNITIES:
🕙 Time: 23rd & 24th August 2019
🏢 Venue: RIVERSIDE PALACE, 360D Ben Van Don Str., Ward 1, District 4, HCMC, Vietnam.
➡️ Registration link: http://bssc.vn/vietnam-startup-day-2019/#1560740773413-08a691c5-3b6f